Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Flower Show 2013

IMG_7312

We took in the poinsettia show at Allan Gardens. It is a wonderful retreat from the bustle of the city.  When we were visiting there were less than a ten people.  Inside the conservatory, it is warm and the classical music adds to the experience.

This year,  there was a topiary grand piano.

IMG_7316

IMG_7317

IMG_7313

IMG_7315

IMG_7314

For Christmas 2012, Lily gave me a poinsettia ornament she made from dried pumpkin seeds. I don’t think I posted it on the blog.  I love ornaments using natural elements.

IMG_6530

This year, we made ornaments from dried milkweed – peas in a pod. {You can find the tutorial over a Twig and Toadstool.}

IMG_6543

Completely unrelated, I thought I would share a photo of our pup. He’s growing!

IMG_7265

Thanks for stopping by,

signature

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Such a special outing. We haven't made it to our special gardens yet this year. Not sure when it's going to happen with traveling to the Detroit area soon. Perhaps, I'll live through your gorgeous pictures. Your puppy is so sweet. I'm almost afraid to show this to my girls. Such love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful! You do take the most wonderful photos - especially the last one of your daughter and puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures - you're right, it would be such a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos KJ! The one with the pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!