Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ice Storm 2013

IMG_7383

During the night, we were awaken by numerous breaking branches and sirens.  Here are a few photos of my neighbourhood.  Our house has not been hit by any branches (yet), although a large one just  missed the dogs who were on the deck and as I look out my front window there is a branch hanging on the power line.  Just like the movie Frozen, everything is covered in a layer of ice. It is beautiful, but extremely dangerous.  Thousands are waiting for their power to be restored.

IMG_7374th

IMG_7372

IMG_7363

IMG_7385

IMG_7362

IMG_7386

Please be safe,

signature

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, the close ups are very beautiful, but the overall view is frightening! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible ice storm ~ I hadn't heard of this one happening. Hope all goes well with the clean up and power gets restored quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I hope all is well for you and your family. Stay safe and warm. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading about this infamous ice storm all over the blogs, and the pictures of frozen nature are really amazing! Hope this gets sorted out well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, but can be really dangerous when tree limbs and power lines start coming down. Sorry about your beautiful tree. We had to take one of our trees down earlier this year after a large branch fell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had that storm too. The girls started their break early because of it . Most of our area is without power . Scary and beautiful all at the same time . Stay safe. I hope you still have power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you thaw out soon and power is restored quickly. Having been through a couple of these kinds of storms, I know they are both beautiful and very scary and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I came over from Vivians blog after seeing your pix. We are from Brampton and got hit hard as well. Stay warm and Merry Christmas!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I so hope those storms subside and leave you unscathed. It looks like you live in a beautiful neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!