Thursday, December 19, 2013

St. Lucia Cork Dolls

Today, I have a little guest post up over at the Pickled Herring’s Scandinavian Christmas.
I show you how I made these little St. Lucia dolls from recycled wine corks. I do hope you will stop by and say hello.
IMG_7221
I also have been making  little Nordic elves (this was my project for Viv’s elf challenge).
My elves were inspired by this elf that I spotted in Bergen, Norway in July 2010 and regret not purchasing.
IMG_4284
Since I am not a confident knitter, I decided to make a felt hat.  The body is a 3 1/2” wooden angel peg and the hands two 1/2” wooden round balls.  We painted our pegs, the inspiration elf is covered in felt.  They are very quick to make. I used hot glue, but I believe wood glue would work as well.
IMG_7326
 IMG_7327
Thanks for stopping by today  and I hope you will check out the Scandinavian Christmas posts over at the Pickled Herring!
signature

8 comments:

  1. Your Lucia and Nisse are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty - they are just sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elves are so cute holding the little jingle bell. I watched the Great British Sewing Bee Christmas special last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you so much for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your elves are so cute! I love the way they are holding jingle bells :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CLEVER AND CUTE . . . both ideas for your St.Lucia Cork Dolls and Nordic Elves!
    Seem simple and easy to make several to decorate for the holidays... even for young kids to create and use their imagination! Note: I visited for 4 days in Bergen, Norway in October 1974 when a college girlfriend lived there with her Norwegian husband & toddler son -- a lovely city. Sarah Helene, Minneapolis, MN USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable! I'm adding these to my list to make for next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!